Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings
Terms and Conditions
- The client is the person who signs the Booking From and is responsible for the main account
- We offer clients exclusive use of our campsite with Marquee area. If more accommodation is needed, then we allow a small number of bell tents to be erected plus your own tents with the owners permission.23
- Once the non refundable of £900 has been paid your booking is confirmed with us.4
- The deposit of £900 is non-refundable
- Our preferred method of payment is online transfer
- We reserve the right to alter pricing and our terms and conditions without prior notification.
Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings reserve the right to cancel your function if payment conditions are not upheld. Receipt of your booking deposit confirms your acceptance of all our terms and conditions. We reserve the right to cancel an event if we deem our premises unusable for reasons beyond our control, in which case our liability to you will be limited to the extent of any monies already paid to Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings, without interest.
8. If a wedding is cancelled by the client , the deposit is not refundable or useable against any other booking of any sort. If the wedding is cancelled 12 months before the event, then only the deposit will be lost. If the wedding is cancelled within 6 – 12 months of event, then the venue charge will still be owing. If the event is cancelled 6 months or less prior to the wedding, then the whole charge will be owed to us.
9. If the wedding is reduced in size by the client, then no refunds will be made and the full balance as per the original booking will still apply.
We strongly advise the client takes out wedding insurance to cover against all eventualities such as illness, death, unemployment: but will point out that simply changing your mind about the wedding or the venue etc, will not count as sufficient reason for insurance purposes.
10a. All live music/DJ’s etc are asked to play at a reasonable volume (we can send you exact details for sound engineers/musicians etc) during evening events and will be closely monitored by staff throughout the evening to ensure we remain within the confines of noise nuisance with regard to our neighbours. Music cut off is 12.30am. If our staff have to remind the D/J’s or anyone else in charge of the music to turn down the level of sound, then a charge of £100 per visit will be charged.
11. Dogs (or any other pets) are not allowed on our site or at our venue at any time without written prior arrangement and only then if they have a specific role to play e.g. guide dog, ring bearer etc.
12. Check in and departure check in is from 2pm or by arrangement on the day of arrival, check out is by 12 noon on the day of departure.
13. Set up
Suppliers, couples and guests requiring access to certain areas of the venue for decoration purposes etc will generally be allowed from 2 pm the day before the wedding. Occasionally this may not be possible until later due to prior bookings, this will be discussed with the client if applicable. Outside suppliers are required to make a site visit prior to the wedding. Please contact Mark or Julia about times.
14. Before and After Parties
Hiring our venue for your wedding means just that; it does not include arranging parties the day before or the day after the wedding.
15. Confetti and sky lanterns
We ask that all confetti used be bio-degradable: flower petals, rice paper, dried lavender etc. – no metal stars, foil ribbons or conventional confetti. Sky lanterns are never permitted or sparklers.
16. We welcome much older guests, disabled guests with mobility or other issues that need advanced planning or extra help from us to ensure full enjoyment of the day.
17. The client and wedding couple are responsible for the behaviour and actions of their guests whilst at Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings. Inappropriate behaviour may result in the event being stopped early or cancelled.
18. A full guest list (with names and ages of children and babies) including both day and evening, resident and non resident guests must be provided in writing to the office a month before the wedding for Health and Safety purposes.
The client shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the premises, or to any fixtures, fittings or equipment which are damaged by the client or their guests. This includes removal of our property from the venue in error by the client or their guests after the wedding. Please make sure your guests do not take away our bunting, lanterns, tipi/yurt equipment etc. You will be asked to return or pay for the losses incurred.
20. Due to the special nature of our wedding site with canvas tents and marquee, we insist that no pins, staples, or other piercing devices be used to fasten flowers, bunting, or other forms of decoration to it/them. Also no wire glue, blu tack or other glues whatsoever. The client is responsible for making sure that any florists or other supplier, or friends/family helping with decorations are aware of these rules.
21. Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings reserves the right to charge additional fees to the main account if specialist cleaning is required for floor coverings, marquees and tipi/yurt canvas etc due to soiling, vandalism or other misuse.
22. Alcohol and Corkage
Unlike nearly all other wedding venues we have no rules about providing your own alcohol for a wedding and we do not charge corkage. We do ask, however, that alcohol is consumed responsibly whilst at our venue and site. The client is responsible for their guests’ behaviour in this respect at all times. Anybody who gives offence to other guests or staff or poses a risk to the premises due to inebriation will be requested to leave immediately and escorted off the premises if necessary.
Woodland Tipi and Yurt campsite must be cleared of all rubbish, any Excessive cleaning or clearing the site will be charged for.
Due to the large area and natural environment of our venue, children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Whilst we encourage guests to enjoy the wild nature of our site, please note that care must be taken as paths and walkways, bridges and steps may be uneven or slippery, particularly when wet.
26.I/We understand that Woodland Tipi and Yurt Weddings can accept no liability whatsoever for ours and our guests’ possessions and personal injuries sustained through use of the premises, including camping, using fires.
27. Mark is available to help carry heavy items down to the middle of the woodland for 4 hours over the weekend. Any extra time required from him will be charged at £20 per hour.
28. A refundable damage deposit of £500 is required 2 weeks before your wedding date. After the wedding we will check everything over and refund your damage deposit.
29. Cancellation policy
If a wedding is cancelled by the client, the deposit is not refundable or useable against any other booking of any sort. IF THE WEDDING IS CANCELLED 6 MONTHS OR LESS FROM THE WEDDING DATE THEN THE CLIENT WILL BE LIABLE in full for the remaining payment for the venue and accommodation. If the wedding is cancelled 6 – 12 months before the wedding date, then the client will be liable for 50% of the remaining payment for the venue and accommodation. If the client cancels 12 – 18 months before the wedding date then the client will be liable for 25% of the venue and accommodation payment. 18 months + will incur no additional charge.
Change of wedding date
If a confirmed wedding date is moved by the client to another date, the following fees will apply:
more than 12 months – £400 change fee
6 – 12 months notice – £1000
less than 6 months-notice – £2000
In all cases, signing and returning of our Booking Form denotes
acceptance of the above terms and conditions
I have read and understood all the terms and conditions.